“A little nonsense now and then, is cherished by the wisest men.”
Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A Case of THE Bradley Mundays


My parents named me Bradley Munday but most people refer to Brad, B-Mund, or THE football/ track guru. I have always stood as a fan of Mondays (obviously) because they allow me a fresh start to a new week under my motto: “Work hard. Play hard.” You see, most people would call me multi-talented and although I consider myself humble, I cannot disagree. During the week, you can find me working on homework from one of my many AP classes in which I thrive. Calculus BC? Please, the limit never exists for Bradley Munday. Chemistry? Call me Dmitri Mendeleev. Computer Science? I speak java in my sleep. English? Well… uh… I… you see… Jon and Laurie… and yeah… Olive, too… I think… pathos. Trust me, you cannot and will not stop my academic grind. I carry out my intensity all the way until I reach the front of the line on Pasta Wednesday. I mean, jeez Megan, THAT’S how you make pasta. *Insert the B-Mund head shake here* After school, I book it to the holy football locker room to get myself amped for another three-hour practice at Harris Stadium: my home away from home. Man, the memories I have made with my friends, no, brothers will carry me throughout the rest of my life. Seriously. After scoring an average of six touchdowns a game with the help of my baby bro, Michael, I talk to my many adoring fans (mostly girls) and head to the hottest social scene to get my groove on. You could call me the greatest dancer alive or you could not. But the latter would make you wrong and a wrong answer deserves an extra long head shake. Look up “Harlem Shake CFHS AP Chemistry” and watch me head-BOB across the camera. (Notice the difference between the head shake and the head-bob). So many talents, so few people to share them with, which remains why I chose to attend The Johns Hopkins University in the fall of 2013. There, I can put those wannabe intellectual peasants in their places and wreak havoc on the gridiron with my dude, Soup. Everyone wants to live a day in the life of Bradley Munday, the big man on campus, as Mr. Maas would say. One day, you will all regret laughing at me when I stand ruling the world with a new Spain t-shirt on my back and my long-long-term girlfriend, Megan Stricker, on my arm. God, those memories with my football boys… awesome. 

2 comments:

  1. I think your account of a typical day of Bradley Munday proves very accurate. However, I actually had the pleasure of sneaking a peak at Bradley’s Monday calendar. It looked similar to this:
    Schedule for Munday:
    1st period: AP Calculus BM
    2nd period: Weight-Lifting/Protein
    3rd period: AP Chemist-Me
    4th period: public speaking practice
    5th period: AP Bradology
    6th period: Pose for body outlines for the Anatomy Class
    7th period: AP Weight-Lifting
    8th period: Please, Bradley Munday doesn’t go to 8th period

    ReplyDelete